Last night around 6:30pm our power went out due to some kind of equipment failure. About 18 houses in the area were affected. Kellen, the boys and I stayed outside until dark because the house was so dim. As night set in, we lit candles and tried to put Charlie to bed, who was a little freaked out by the total blackness and lack of sound (no whirring air conditioners, no buzzing screens, no distant TV mumbles - just silence). Needless to say, Charlie didn't get to bed until 9:30pm and Walker didn't crash until well after 10pm.
This morning, Charlie was up at 5:30am, but then fell dead asleep around 7:30am. Walker is still zonked out in my bed at 8am. Power came back on around 5:30am. All the lights in the house lit up and I listened to the zippy crackle as all of our devices came back online. The air kicked back in and I got up and watched the house temperature fall from 83 to 74 degrees. It was a warm dark night, but everyone is safe and happy and sound asleep now. Well, except of course for me and the dog.


2 comments:
Oh Charlie.....I love the face plant. Sometimes it just goes down like that. So stinkin' sweet. And Walker.....what could be better? Looks like you're in a cloud.
Wish I could be half as limber as Charlie zonked!! It would be fun to be sitting in a meeting and just zonk out that way!! What a pain to be without power for that long. Definitely strange!!! Hope you got a chance to zonk out a bit along the way today (ya, right!!).
Post a Comment