I'm not going to lie. Today has been a tough day. No Jack, no homey smells permeating the house, no visitors, none of the usual markers of a family holiday. Walker and I are at the tail end of being ill and I'm feeling a little fried. All the kid care and extra exerted energy it takes to keep him from spinning out has taken its toll. Walker hasn't exactly been an angel today. I decided that Walker and I needed a little holiday pick-me-up, so we pulled out our little fake Xmas tree from last year and decorated it. We also enjoyed some Thanksgiving cheer during the last half of the day with Cecilia and her lovely family. We had a wonderful Gumbo and Walker's fave: mac n' cheese. Walker, who had railed in his room through what was supposed to be his afternoon nap, finally fell asleep in the car on the way home. To make the most of this quiet time, I took a detour to White Rock Lake. The sun was setting and I was able to take a few full breaths and give thanks for my many many many blessings. I am a rich woman - even if today was difficult - I have all that I need in this life.
3 comments:
You two are my greatest treasure and my greatest joy!
Sarah, your ability to be real, share your feelings, come to a truly centered place in the midst of a goofy kind of upside down day is an inspiration.
Post a Comment