June 2, 2009

Rain Day

The day started with rain rain and rain. We sat on the back patio and watched it come down by the bucket. Walker was very impressed.

When the rain cleared, we went to meet some Mama-friends for a trolley ride to the Dallas Museum of Art. The first Tuesday of every month is free admission, so we and thousands of other Dallas families showed up in full force. Walker met a new friend today - James, who is four. James wanted to hug Walker, feed Walker, push Walker's stroller, carry Walker around and be his big brother. I told James he could come home with me and help out with child care.

The trolley, of course, was BIG fun.

It's our old friend, William!

Here are Jacki and baby Aldous in the foreground and Beth with baby Silas in the back.

And of course, you recognize these people.

Once at the museum, Walker headed straight for the drawing area. This boy LOVES to "daw".

After lunch, Walker lost his cool - so we headed home. Here he is on the trolley home - a little less animated than our first trip.


I have no photos for the second half of the day because Walker napped and then decided to pout and screech and wreak general havoc in the house. Jack, Walker is a toddler now and I want you to be prepared when you return this Thursday. You know what will probably happen? You'll come home and he'll be an angel. Then I'll really feel foolish. We love you and miss you!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Weather and heat and rain and growth spurts, all good reasons for grumpydum. Hard to be the handler, however. Maybe Walker is experiencing the disease my friend Ole-fuss used to have once in awhile. He called it "rectal-optal-itis"! I know it strikes me now and again - don't think it is contagious, just ....y!
(hope the blog police don't kick me out for R rated language:-)
Luv you and admire your perspective about this growing stage.

Mama Red said...

We certainly enjoyed your company yesterday. I'm sorry it's getting rough. It's a tough age for sure. Many hugs to you!!

Jack said...

Daddy will be home to give Mom a break this weekend! I can't wait to see you both!

Anklemama said...

Sorry we weren't able to coordinate quickly enough to join you on the adventure. Next time (which will hopefully be before Walker is big enough to push Mackey in her stroller!), we'll be ready.