May 30, 2009
Saturday Heat
Jeeze it was a warm one today. Walker and I spent the morning doing some grocery shopping and then a nap. In the afternoon we headed to Wylie, Texas to meet with friends at a park. The park was very nice, but the heat made it pretty unbearable. Walker turned all shades of red (not from a burn, but from the temperature) and I was afraid he might get a little sun stroke. I know, I know... worry wart mother. Anyway, Alison and Aubrey agreed that their own back yard might make a better hang out for everyone. So we spent the remainder of the day enjoying a welcomed breeze in their back yard. The adults sat under an awning with baby Eleanor in comfy patio chairs drinking sweet tea, while Walker, Reid and Evelyn ran through sprinklers, snacked on goldfish and climbed around on the jungle gym. It was a really lovely time. (A special thanks to Reid for letting Walker wear your swim trunks.) The photo below is Walker's first attempt at drinking from a real cup.

Evelyn dragged out this awesome dump truck for Walker's enjoyment.

Evelyn strikes a pose. Walker, of course, is very interested in everything that Evelyn does.

Walker at the helm. Evelyn kept asking, "Where are you driving us Walker?"

Reid is such a cutie!
So is Evelyn!



Walker is a little nervous to ride the slide on his own so Aubrey helps him out.
As I was leaving Wylie, I got a call from the birth center. The Smiths saved the day yet again and sat with Walker until well after midnight while I tended to the newest Mom and Dad in Dallas. The wonderful part about my work is that I usually do it while Walker is sleeping. When he wakes up, he has no idea that I've been gone! Well, he might see the slightly delirious sleep deprived look in my eye, but he's not on to me yet. Jack, we miss you and can't wait to see you in 4 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like a whole lot of fun - and hot!!!
We had such a wonderful time. Even Reid is asking to play with "Ak-er" again soon and Evelyn said she was very glad it was Walker day yesterday because she had waited a long time :-) Sounds like you had a busy night as well so I'm so glad we ditched the heat in favor of shade and sweet tea!
Post a Comment