June 13, 2015

The Pirates of Monkey Bay

Today, we took a slew of old books to the used book store in hopes of selling them. We were very successful and Walker came home with a pirate book that came with a paper pirate ship. The packaging promised "easy assembly" and "no glue needed" and "fun for the whole family".

After five hours of painstaking piecing together and lots of peering at instructions and saying "read that bit again" and "Gosh honey, I'm not sure either", Walker and I managed to create a pirate ship. It's a little wobbly as you might imagine. It was not easy, but it was certainly fun. So may we present the Pirate Ship of Monkey Bay!










2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh....I am laughing so hard. I was amazed and impressed with the ship building process, but when I saw the Monkey Bay bottle, I burst into laughter! Sometimes a task calls for a celebration. Beautiful boat, and one of my favorite wines. Can't wait to get to Dallas and join in the fun. I love you all so much. Mama

Betsy said...

Loved the photos and commentary on all the "monkey business' in your house!! Great work - including the wine!! xoxoxo