January 6, 2014

Last Day of Vacation

The boys and I were home today while Jack headed back to work. The boys return to school tomorrow. Jack is teaching a winter term for SMU - basically and accelerated 8 day acting class. Nice to have extra money to put towards Charlie's upcoming medical bills! Walker spent the day as a pirate ninja and Charlie sat at the piano for huge stretches of time, plinking away on the keys. Walker and I also tended to our new seedlings - we've planted kale, spinach and lettuces for our early spring garden. Right now they're sitting in the window sill. We'll move them outside when it warms up a little. It was super cold today, which prevented us from spending any real time outdoors. At first I was dreading this long day alone inside with the boys, but it turned out to be really nice. I even had enough time to make two loaves of bread from scratch - my first ever!





















2 comments:

Betsy said...

Looks is if it has been a 'rip roaring' day with the Ninja Pirate and Mr. Piano Man. Charlie's two hands on the keyboard is exciting!! And the bread looks oh so delicious. Happy School TomorroW..

Connie said...

A young Peter O'toole, a budding Billy Joel and The Baker's Wife. Hmmmm. Pretty entertaining family you got there.