August 26, 2013

First Day of School

Kindergarten Calls!

Today is your day...
You're off to great places...
You're off and away.

Have a ball my darling boy.
















Are we done with photos yet?

And here he is walking out the door to school. He and Daddy walked the short two blocks to Skyview.

Walking out the door... 


And of course, let's not forget that today is Charlie's first day of school too! The bus won't start picking him up until Wednesday, so he took a short drive with mom to Stults Elementary. Miss Alexis met us at the door to his classroom. We put his snack and change of clothes in his cubby and sat him down on the "sitting rug". He made an uh-oh face when he realized I was leaving... but he didn't cry when I walked out the door. And when I peeked in through the window in the door a moment later, I could see him interacting with the child next to him and listening to the teacher as she spoke. I'll go pick him up at 11am and see how the day went!  Then we'll walk up to Skyview to pick up Walker at 3pm and walk him home!  What a big day for both kiddos. And what a big day for Jack and I!  





3 comments:

John Lambie said...

I know there have been many countless stages to now...but in many ways, this is the grand second stage of their lives. I am thinking of all four of you today, as all days, but smiling with you at the great progress and this point in the joyous adventure. Love you big, Dad

Connie said...

Seems like yesterday that we were sending you off for your first day of school. Big day indeed. The boys both look happy and eager to start the school year. Congrats to all!

Betsy said...

Thanks for the wonderful photos of the start of life in the new era of two boys in school. HUGE!! Lots of love to all! xoxo