Walker and Charlie loved the hotel room and Walker commented on the "soft sheets"!
It was WONDERFUL seeing Quinn and Gil at Betsy's home.
They each took turns giving and getting kisses from Charlie.
The first thing on Walker's to do list was ride the Monorail.
Back at the hotel for some play time.
On Saturday morning, Jack and I took the kids to Volunteer Park (across the street from our old apartment) and met with some dear friends. Harmony, one of my oldest Paso Robles friends, and her son Seth were there! So was Michelle, my friend from Dallas who recently moved to the Emerald City, and her husband Troy and daughter Evy.
And even my sweet friend Courtney came. Courtney and I met at Southern Oregon University my freshman year in college. Then she played a beautiful Viola for me when I directed "Twelfth Night" in Seattle in 2005. Here she is with 2 month old Bronwyn and little Spencer hiding behind his sister.
Seth and Walker getting ready to race down the slide.
After our time in the park, we headed over to the Tourino Collinsworth
home to see our dear friends Rebecca and Brandon.
Here is their son Oscar sharing his toys with Walker.
Walker was too busy to look up.
Brandon and Rebecca have a family band and their
guest room is filled with wonderful instruments. Walker went crazy.
And the day just kept going! After the park and the Collinsworths,
we headed back to our hotel to meet with my Portland sisters, Chris and Anne.
This amazing couple always opened their home to me when I was working in Portland.
Now they have the lovely Amaya, who was born a month before Charlie.
Chris and Sarah!
This photo was taken by Betsy at a pre-wedding party.
It was a wonderful evening and Jack and I are SO grateful to our friends
Lantz and Lisa who babysat the kids in our hotel room so we could
join the adults for cocktails and conversation.
On the morning of the wedding, we went to Betsy's for brunch
and a Greenman Family reunion. I think it was by far my favorite part of the weekend.
Choir practice!
We thought we'd prepare for the hymns that would be sung during the wedding.
I love this photo of Charlie, Jack, Aunt Betsey and Linda.
I miss these two incredible women so very much and am already
hatching a plan to visit their new home in Cape Cod. East Coast, here we come!
Grandpa John, Grandma Patty and Aunt B and Linda
enjoying a moment after the wedding. Don't they all look wonderful?
Here is the beautiful Hebner Vila Greenman Family:
Gil and Quinn, Lisa and her three children Sam, Joey and Audrey,
Lisa's ex-husband Mike and his fiance and soon to be step daughter.
Jacqueline and Julia were sorely missed and spoken of all day.
Girls, we miss you SO much and send all our love to you.
This morning, we went to Betsy's for one last visit and some breakfast.
Here was the scene - three grandsons watching "Finding Nemo".
And here is Walker dancing in front of the fountain at the Hotel Sorrento.
Goodbye Seattle. We will miss you and your beautiful cool weather!











3 comments:
Sarah this is Divine!!! Your and Jack's (and the boys') presence at our wedding was magical. I will always remember our first moment when we met in mom's parking lot and burst into tears, then joked all weekend that you were "kryptonite" cause you made me cry whenever we two were alone together. Jack's toast, the brunch at mom's, EVERYTHING!!! So wonderful. Love from your brother Gil
You captured so many great moments. The final photo of Walker dancing around the fountain expresses my feeling about the whole weekend! xoxo
You really captured the event beautifully! I felt like I was there by just looking at the photos. I'm so happy you all had such a lovely time. I would have loved to have seen all the extended family. Hello to all.
Post a Comment