January 17, 2012

Ear Infections

Charlie has had a rough day.  So have I.  Walker seemed to be the only one with a smile on his face and a spring in his step.  Charlie awoke with a scary 105 degree fever.  He was shaking and his heart rate was very very high.  After stripping him down to his diaper and putting an ice pack between his legs his fever came down.  An hour later he was hovering at 101.

Then in the late morning, he began aspirating his own mucus.  I was not pleased with his wet, rattling cough so Walker and I took him to Doctor Hamner's office for a visit.  She took one look at us, frowned and said, "Uh oh."  She spent a little time with each of the boys and also took a look in my ears as well.  The diagnosis?  Ear infections.  Ear infections for all of us.  Zoinks.

It's almost 9pm.  Both boys are asleep.  I just had some pizza (yes, I ordered pizza - that's how bad it is) and a glass of gingerale.  And now, I'm off to bed with a decongestant and an antibiotic.  But before I go, here are some quick shots of Charlie's only quiet moment today.  He took a sweet and silent nap in the early afternoon.  Precious.




3 comments:

Jack said...

That's my beautiful boy... sleep well tonight angel and give your Momma a rest. I love you all.

Connie said...

What a sweet sleeping baby. I hope the antibiotics kick the ear infections in the butt...pronto!

Betsy said...

Ah, sleep! Such a great healer when it happens. Hope there are lots of naps and long night sleeps for you and those kiddos. Get well! Lots of love from the snow cave in Seattle! :-)