May 8, 2011

Tender Mercies: Dallas to Amarillo

The Greenmans are on the road!  Here is Walker happily tucked away in his car seat.  15 minutes into the drive, he was fast asleep.



Too bad he was sleeping, because he missed all of the beautiful Texas countryside!






Yes, you read it right.  108 degrees.


 

Once we landed at our hotel in Amarillo, Charlie crashed on the couch.


Luckily, when he woke up, he was ready for a little tummy time.  He cooed at his stuffed dog while Jack and Walker had stories.  I forgot to pack Walker's books in his day bag, so Jack read to Walker from Gideon's Bible.  Walker asked what was "Holy".  Jack answered, "It means "with God".  I always thought it means "with holes".  Silly me.  Finally, Walker said, "Daddy, let's just make our own story."  Little does he know, that's how our bible came into being!  Here's Charlie lifting up his head and enjoying every minute of it!



2 comments:

Connie said...

Wow! The Texas scenery is really interesting. Hope it gets better tomorrow! Good for Charlie, with his head up high.
I bet Jack can tell some great stories without a book. Wish I was there to listen.

Betsy said...

Road trip photos - how great! Go Charlie!!! There sure is a LOT of Texas! Walker's got the right idea. Bet he could also recite a lot of the books he's been read! Here's to safe travels and getting out of Texas!