September 22, 2010

Thank You Friends

Tonight, we are awed, humbled and immeasurably grateful for our strong community of friends and loved ones.  You have all been following the progress Charlie the Wonder Boy and more than a few of you have shown up at our door with meals, gifts and play dates for Walker.  Your love and generosity has made Jack and I feel that no matter what happens with Charlie's diagnosis, our family is going to be okay.  And now, you, our village, have gone one step further and done this:


Dear Fans and Admirers of Charles (Charlie) Baird Greenman,
Many of you are already avid followers of Charlie's journey and share your support and love for the Greenman Family. As a friend, neighbor, and the lucky mother of a little girl (Mackey) who got to go to "play-care" with Walker and Sarah, I am so fortunate to bear witness to the love, courage, and strength of Charlie's parents and one-of-a-kind big brother. Like many of you, a question that often crosses my mind is "what can I do to help?"

Charlie is surrounded by family and medical professionals who have one goal--to help him heal. He is the only boy I know with an entourage extensive enough to make famous types jealous. And it probably goes without saying that even with a good insurance plan, this kind of specialized care is expensive. Ah, here is a way to help.  What better way to demonstrate that "It takes a village," and the village that exists across the country in support of Charlie is a powerful one. I invite you to visit Charlie's all-new, personal blog, http://charliesfund.blogspot.com, and make a donation to Help Charlie Heal. All donations (be they $10, 20, $50, or more) go into a savings fund designated for health care costs (deductibles, co-pays, out-of-network specialists, etc.) now, and in the future. I've listened to enough public radio pledge drives to believe that every bit counts and will go a long way.  And the best part…we, our village, will reap the benefit of witnessing little Charlie continue to thrive!  Click HERE to make a donation.

Thank you,
Anne Engelking Smith


Anne, how can we ever thank you?
All our love and gratitude,
Jack and Sarah

No comments: