September 24, 2010

Porcupine

I went to Target to return something. Getting ready to leave - I packed both kids in the car and drove off without my stroller. I just left it sitting in the parking lot with my Target purchases. At my next destination I opened the back end of my car to realize that there was no stroller. Zoomed back to Target - thankfully someone had returned the stroller to the help desk. Round two. I packed the kids AND the stroller in the car. Driving down Northwest highway a moment later something flies off the roof of my car. I glance into my purse. It was my wallet. I had left my wallet sitting on the top of the car. So I stop the car and throw on the emergency lights, play chicken with on coming traffic to gather up my ID, credit cards, everything. Back at home I unpack the kids and the Target purchases. What's this in the bottom of my stroller? Oh... a rug mat from the clearance isle that I forgot to pay for. Let's add shop lifting to the list. I laugh at my self and tell Walker that Mama has had a long day. He says, "Its okay to be a porcupine". I say, "What?". Walker says "You're just porcupined, that's all." I say "What... a porcupine?" Walker speaks slowly as if I can't understand plain English, "Yes. You're a little porcupine."

Then I realize. He means "preoccupied".



Here's a shot of the boys this morning:

6 comments:

Betsy said...

And we know it is not good to mess with porcupines! And how do porcupines hug, carefully! Thanks for sharing the realities of "two is more fun than one" life - wahoo!

Mama said...

I am laughing soooo hard! That is adorable.

Jamie said...

You make me laugh! All in a day's work, right? Glad you got your wallet back :-) And a new rug, while you were at it!

Lucy Owen said...

me and shaye just peed ourselves reading this. adorable and very considerate of walker. love that boy.

Anklemama said...

OMG, I fear I may wake Mackey with my giggling. Not only is the story such a kick, but Walker! Walker, you are a gem.

I think I'll tell my boss that next time I have a bad day. "I'm a porcupine, get off my back."

Nichole said...

hahha that had me laughing hard! Good job mama!