August 29, 2010

Comings and Goings

Last night, we had a wonderful visit from the Smith Family, who showed up with dinner! Yay for good friends that come bearing food! Mackey is so big now, prancing all over the place and reciting verses from Beatrix Potter books. Anne and Ashely got to spend some time getting to know the newest Greenman and Mom, Dad and Happy spent some hands-free time having a glass of wine.





Here are this morning's photos of Walker with Charlie.


And a video of Walker singing to Charlie:


Grandma Happy had to go home today. All four Greenmans hopped in the car to make the journey to the airport. Mama, thank you for all you do and continue to do for our family. There will never be any adequate way to thank you. (Except that when you're old and gray and tired of Oregon, you can come live with us. And I'll make you all the gin and tonics you want.) Here are the boys in their car seats on the way home.


We took a detour home and stopped at NorthPark Mall for lunch. But first we had to check out the awesome water fountains.

...and the cool sculptures.

...and we had to have some ice cream too. You understand, I'm sure.


Also, this fabulous quilt showed up in the mail yesterday!
Thank you so much Aunt Jean! Its wonderful!

Charlie likes it!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Love the Charlie declaration of enough 'tickling' at the end of Twinkle Twinkle! What fun.
So - how come hammering man ran away to Texas? He was in Seattle last I knew - except for the one on Whidbey Island outside the pub lying prone and entitled: Hammered Man! :-)

Connie said...

Be careful what you offer! I could declare myself old any time (I'm already grey) and you bringing me G&Ts, hmmmmm....

Looks like a good afternoon, and Charlie looks so cute on Jean's quilt.

Aunt Jean said...

I'd let Walker sing me to sleep any night!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!