December 15, 2009

"Friends are cool"

Walker's words after a day spent with two awesome baby pies. We spent Monday caring for two very special kiddos. Of course our Miss Mackey was with us, but we also had the pleasure of Gavin's company. I always thought that taking care of more children than you have arms is probably not a good idea. But, hey, it worked out! I had a very surreal moment during this day of baby care when I realized that I was in the room when each of these three little beings came into the world. I was the one who took their first photos and I was the first person who sat with them when their parents went out. Its kind of crazy, no? As you can see below, Walker loves Gavin's hair. While Walker was petting his head, he kept saying "very nice hair". His grandmother is a hair stylist, what do you expect?




Here are the little ones awaiting diaper changes. How do you diaper two children at once? Lay them both down together!


How do you wrangle three children at once? Throw one in a sling!


Happy boy!

5 comments:

Anklemama said...

You said it--friends ARE WAY COOL!

Alison said...

What a gorgeous group of kiddos! Look like you had a fabulous day.

Betsy said...

Clever clever Sarah!

Connie said...

You are amazing! Those three, and one in the oven! Technically, you were caring for four under the age of 26 months! You are SUPERMOM!!!! Walker's right, Gavin does have nice hair. Good boy.

Chakalte said...

I love this . . Sarah! Thank you so much for taking care of my sunshine! Friends ARE cool ... and I am blessed to have you as one of mine!