April 11, 2009

King of the Pram

As many of you know, Walker and I have a group of wonderful Mama's with one-year-old kiddos that meet once a week. This week we went to the Dallas Arboretum to see all the tulips and enjoy the seasonal children's exhibits. The point was to picnic and frolic and let the kids burn off a little steam. One of the strollers in our gaggle had a steering wheel and stick shift built into the tray. As soon as Walker spotted this, it was all over. He sat in the stroller during our picnic and stayed in it for the duration of our visit. While other children played on the life size pirate ship, Walker "drove" his stroller. While others played in the Lorax's hut and swung from the trees, Walker "drove" his stroller. When the time came to extract Walker from his throne, he wailed and thrashed and cried out "No!" It was my first real taste of a public temper tantrum. Wish us luck, because I fear this is just the beginning! Here is Walker fending off those who wish to conquer him and steal his stroller.


Not only is this NOT his stroller, it's also NOT his sippy cup. Ugh.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Things that go vroom - anywhere you can find them. Ok, so the next theme napkins will be Speed Racer! Walker's Dad had a steering wheel on his car seat. (of course those would not pass the regs these days). Beep beep, vroom vroom.

Connie said...

Oh Baby Mama, You are in for it! The pure look of determination is frightning! Dale Earnhart, Watch out! Of course, I find it all totally amusing. Good luck my precious.

Jamie said...

Oh, Sarah, I am laughing so hard! Future race car driver, perhaps?
I bet he'd enjoy the stroller you can rent at the mall in Frisco...it comes equipped with a steering wheel; Camdyn thoroughly enjoyed "driving" it this past week, and she completed it by making mmmmmm mmmmm sound effects.

John said...

I have just spent another morning with Walker's Blog and looked at all the pictures and played all the videos...I love this site and this family! I was just looking at the pictures of Uncle Joel in the same vest yesterday...and am weepy happy.